Friday, January 25, 2013

No Beards Required

On a whim, my husband and I decided to go out to dinner on a recent Wednesday night.  Off to the Brasserie V on Monroe Street!  It was a first for us, having never ventured into the Belgian Restaurant and Pub.  At the advise and urging of friends, we were not disappointed.  The service was great, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was delightful!  Can you really go wrong with a sandwich that includes Nueske bacon and avocado?  Yum!  The list of beers was endless, certainly a brew for every palate.

As my husband and I enjoyed a beverage and chatted about the recent happenings in our lives, I couldn't help but notice all the employees with beards.  Two bartenders, two waiters, one host and at least one chef were all sporting beards.  I wondered, was a beard a requirement to work at Brasserie V? 

So, not shy, we asked the waiter.  "Is a beard a requirement to work here?" A little taken aback at the question, he looked around.  "No," he responded.  "I guess I've never noticed.  That waiter just started last night," he gestured, pointing to a fellow bearded waiter.

"I think it's just January in Wisconsin," he added.

Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment