As the lazy, hazy days of summer come to a close and school begins it’s time to spruce up your home for the Autumn season.
- With hot, humid days behind us, turn off the air conditioning and open the windows for some fresh air!
- Gather potted mums and pumpkins at the front stoop or porch for an inviting entrance.
- Paint your front door or hang a wreath of fall foliage.
- Visit an apple orchard and place fresh apples on your kitchen table or island for a fall centerpiece, or gather acorns and place in a glass bowl to add some texture to your decorating (place the acorns in a plastic bag and put I the freezer for a few days first. This will kill any bugs hiding in the acorns).
- Change out your patio or deck cushions with fall colored pillows of gold and burgundy.
- Place candy corn in a tall glass vase to add fall color to a room (and a little sweet treat!).