Saturday, January 5, 2013

Downsizing the New Year

Every January, New Year's resolutions are the norm.  Millions of people make dramatic resolutions; lose mega pounds, remodel the house, save lots of money.  I'm no different.  The problem is that most years, those resolutions are long forgotten by mid-February.

This year I've decided to downsize my resolutions.  I'm after small successes.  No less noble and certainly as satisfying!  My declarations are simple and include promises such as smiling at 10 people everyday, stocking up on necessities like printer cartridges and stamps, being helpful to others, buying flowers for a friend and responding to e-mails when they arrive in my inbox rather than letting them stack up for days.

While these resolutions may not be as remarkable as most, they are sustainable.  Of course, I'll be the only one who knows whether I've succeeded at the end of the year.  But I'm thinking my year of resolution downsizing will certainly last past February!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment