Crisp, cool air. Football. Shorter days; longer nights. Yes, we are definitely in the midst of autumn. The holidays are quickly approaching. The first snowfall of the season could happen at any time. And all this as we prepare for spending a day feasting with family and loved ones on Thanksgiving.
Just because the
world seems to
quiet down a bit
in the fall
happen in real
shows no signs
of slowing down.
numbers were up
board. In South
1,416, up from
1,320 last year.
from $183,000 in
2015. As I've stated before,
remains low, so
this fall and
to be an ideal
time to sell. Contact me for a free market analysis. As always, I'm happy to help!
Friday, November 4, 2016
Well, I’m not sure what happened to summer, but with piles of leaves to rake, cooler nights and shorter days, autumn has certainly arrived. And speaking of shorter days, remember to “fall back” this Saturday November 5th, when Daylight Savings Time comes to an end.
Here are a few more tips to get your house ready before the snow flies:
· Time to dispose of those Halloween jack-o-lanterns! The city of Madison will pick them up if left at the curb. Please don’t put in the garbage; they only take up landfill space!
Check your windows:
· If you have combination storm windows, be sure the screens are down. Close windows and lock to keep out any drafts.
· Change your furnace filter and if you haven’t had a furnace safety check recently, now is a good time to take care of that.
Outdoor faucets and hoses:
· Reel in and drain your outside hoses and store for the winter. Now is also a good time to make sure the outside faucets are turned off for the winter.
Clean the Gutters:
· Where are all those leaves that aren’t piled in your yard? They are in your gutters! Clean your gutters now so when the spring rains arrive it’s clear sailing.
Start your snow blower:
· Check your snow blower to see that it will work when that first snowfall arrives. Have it at the ready too, not buried behind the bikes, lawnmower and other “garage stuff” that tends to accumulate! No snow blower? Find the snow shovels and have them ready, you’ll also need those!
Remember to find time to enjoy the season, too. There are still plenty of nice autumn days ahead! Happy Fall!