Sunday, March 22, 2020

Real Estate and COVID-19

Yep, last week I was on vacation. It was beautiful, sunny and warm. But relaxing? Less than normal. Why? You guessed it, the COVID-19 grip was real.  When we left, there were no issues.  Hand-sanitizer was in short supply, but otherwise it was business as usual.  In a few short days, the chaos had a grip with closures, shortages and social-distancing.

As a result of all the worry, I spent a good portion of my vacation time in contact with clients answering questions. Is the closing going to happen? What about our inspection? How will I get a cashiers check? I had all the answers and I was happy to serve! My advise? Don't panic. Stay home if you can. Wash your hands. Be smart. 

It has changed the landscape of Real Estate locally.  Most open houses are canceled.  Some Sellers are limiting showings of their properties.  But, the bottom line for Real Estate is Sellers are still wanting to sell and Buyers are still wanting to buy. It just might mean a flattening of the process just as we are flattening the curve of the virus. I'm here for you no matter where I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment