Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Ahh, September!


I’m in the minority.  Most of the people I know love fall in Wisconsin.  I’m a summer girl.  I love wearing sandals and sundresses, spending time on the water and a bonus: the sun doesn’t set until well after dinner.  I know fall offers football Saturdays, cozy sweaters and bonfires and I do agree the cool nights and warms days are welcome after hot and humid days, but…

So this year, I am working hard to embrace fall.  I have a list of things that I can do to help me stay in the outdoors and enjoy the fall colors and crisp air.  Here are few things I have found that you might like, too!

  • GLEAM, Art in a New Light: is an annual public art exhibit featuring light-based installations throughout Olbrich's 16-acre outdoor gardens created by local, national, and international artists.  Open Thursday-Saturday evenings through October.
  • Apple Picking: It would not be fall in the Midwest without enjoying a little apple picking! There are a variety of orchards within a 15 mile radius of Madison. 
  • Madison Night Market: September 12, 2019 - Vendors showcase handmade products, local art, artisan gifts, prepackaged foods and fresh produce. The event includes live music, artists, special visiting food carts and pop-up restaurant experiences.
  • Quivey's Grove Annual Beer Fest: October 5,2019 - Beer Fest is held under the tents on Quivey's grounds. Forty-five Brewers with over 100 beers to sample, along with some great music from Westside Andy and Mel Ford Band.


Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment