Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Kindness Connection

A few days ago I received a message from a colleague of mine with a link to a YouTube video that made my day.  In fact, I've watched the video five times and I've shown it to several friends!

I was so moved by the video that I decided to embark on something new I'm calling the Kindness Connection.  During the month of March, I plan to provide random acts of kindness to people around me.  They won't be huge, elaborate acts, just everyday niceties.  Perhaps I'll pay for someone's coffee, or drop a book off to a friend, or look in on an elderly neighbor.

We all participate in acts of kindness, but they are usually the result of a previous event; a death in the family or a scheduled surgery.  What I'm talking about are acts of kindness that aren't tied to an event.  They are truly random.

I'll keep you updated on my progress.  Join me if you like and let me know how you are doing.  It might be just what we need to get to spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment