Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Catalog Craziness

The holidays have officially arrived.  I know this not because of the Christmas lights strung from tree branches around town, or the holiday music playing on the radio but rather by my mailbox.  Yes, my mailbox! 

Yesterday I received 13 catalogs in the mail.  Yes, 13!!  Everything from cooking guides to clothing catalogs were stuffed into my postal box.  The poor postal carrier!

I rarely order from catalogs.  At some point I did and my name has now been sold to companies I have never heard of.  I know this because I receive their catalog!  In the past catalog shopping was more mainstream, but with the advent of the Internet, I find shopping with the keyboard much easier. 

But companies still believe catalogs work.  Perhaps they trigger an idea for the hard-to-buy for relative or maybe they spur customers to visit a store or go online.  Whatever the reason, I think catalogs are here to stay, at least for the short term.

As for mine, they are destined for the recycle bin!

No comments:

Post a Comment