Wednesday, December 14, 2011

No "Looky-Loo's"

I held an Open House a few weeks ago for a colleague of mine.  It was November and I brought a good book, thinking I'd be spending more time reading than greeting potential new home owners.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised!  In a two hour span, I had eight parties come through the house.  These weren't "looky-loo's" as they are sometimes called.  These were people looking to purchase a house.  One party came through with their Realtor, another party came through and they were mentally placing their furniture in the house, still another was asking questions a potential home buyer would ask.

I know, you are saying to yourself, "so what?".  Well, what's fascinating is that it was November!  As we approach the Holidays, people are typically thinking about buying holiday gifts, not homes.  But with our current housing situation (lots of inventory and low interest rates), people are thinking of buying a house this time of year, too.  And they are out there looking to see what will work for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment