Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hoyt Park Area Scavenger Hunt

Do you remember scavenger hunts when you were a kid?  The idea was to be the first to gather a list of unusual items such as toothpicks, paperclips, or a plastic utensil.  I remember my mom would give my friends and I a list and send us out the door.  I also remember that it forced me to learn about the neighborhood I lived in, meet my neighbors and it was fun!

The Hoyt Park Neighborhood Scavenger Hunt is not so different.  The idea is to have some fun, become engaged in your neighborhood and learn some interesting facts about the area.  Participants won't be looking for toothpicks or paperclips, but they will be looking for things like the highest point in the Hoyt Park area and the name of the current alderperson.  Answers to the questions can be found by talking with neighbors, searching online or exploring the neighborhood.  For a list of questions and further information visit the website.

Oh, and by the way, the first hint will be given at the Hoyt Park Area Joint Neighborhood planning meeting at 6:00 p.m. December 6, 2011 at the First Baptist Church (basement meeting room).

So check out the list of questions and get out there and hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment