Friday, September 2, 2011

What Would You Do to Attend a Badger Football Game?

Ahh, Badger football season has begun!  For me, it began in a most unusual way!

A last minute invitation to the season opener against UNLV had me a little harried.  Change into a red shirt, grab some cash, feed the dog and I was out the door with my son at the wheel of the car.  A stop at my parents house to pick up the ticket and then a ride a few more blocks to get closer to Camp Randall where I would meet up with my mom.  This was going to be fun!

As I was climbing out of the car, my ticket in my lap, I watched as the ticket fluttered into the sewer!  Seriously, it was like slow motion!  Now what??  I could see the ticket, but how to retrieve it?  Well, I did what any normal, Badger fan would do.  I laid in the gutter, reached into the sewer and tried to grab the ticket.  Drat!  My arms are too short!

Hmmm, what to do?  Along came a tall (long arms) college student.  I wondered if he could reach it.  I asked if he would try and he obliged, but again, his arms were not long enough.  Ah ha, another idea!  What if we lift off the grate?  Sure enough, that's all it took!  My son, out from behind the wheel of the car now, jumped into the sewer and swooped up my ticket.

I made it to the game, a few minutes after the opening kickoff.  It was a fun game, a Badger victory over UNLV 51-17.

And the moral of the story: put your game ticket in a safe place and if it does fall in the sewer, remember the grates lift off....no need to lay in the gutter!  At least I got a good story out of it!


1 comment:

  1. Great story Kathy! Of course this would happen to one of us!

    ReplyDelete