Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Top Ten Summer Activities

I love summer in Madison!  What a fabulous place to wander and explore.  The other day I was thinking about all that Madison has to offer during the summer months and I came up with my top ten list.  Some of these places and/or activities are Madison staples (in my book!).  Others are just things I love to do.  These are in no particular order, just great stuff.  So here goes:

Kathy's Top Ten Summer Activities in Madison

  1. Concerts on the Square
  2. The Farmer's Market
  3. Olbrich Botanical Gardens "Butterfly's in Bloom"
  4. The Taste of Madison
  5. University of Wisconsin Memorial Union - for a beer, Babcock ice cream or to listen to music!
  6. Art Fair on the Square (and Art Fair off the square)
  7. A paddle boat ride on Lake Wingra
  8. A visit to Henry Vilas Zoo
  9. A stroll through the UW Arboretum (I must admit, this is especially a favorite when the lilacs are in bloom!)
  10. A tour of the State Capitol

Of course, this list could go on and on.  What about Picnic Point?  Or enjoying almost any activity on our lakes?  How about bike ride winding along all the fabulous bikes paths that criss-cross the city and outlying areas?  See what I mean?

Your top ten list may include some of these things, or maybe others.  Whatever you enjoy doing in Madison, get out there and do it!  Summer is short here, enjoy it while you can.

What's your favorite summer activity or place in Madison?  Let me know.  I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. A great list, but I must add Watching the Mad City Waterski Team perform!

    ReplyDelete