Monday, June 1, 2020

The Color of Eggs


Aren’t these eggs beautiful?  The are different shapes and colors, but on the inside, they are all the same; the only difference is the color of their shells.

Of course, this made me think about the unrest of the last several days.  And more importantly, what to do about it.  I’ll be honest, I’m not sure what to do.  When in doubt, education is my first “go to”.  In recent days, I’ve listened to podcasts about racial justice and anti-racism.  I’m slowly and gawkily taking baby steps into conversations about race, with friends, co-workers and my family.  I’ll start at home and expand as I can.

I hope that by taking these baby steps to educate myself, how I can help will become more clear as time moves on.

While you typically receive Real Estate information or communication on events and activities in Madison, this message was different.  I hope you understand and can join me in trying to be part of the solution, however that looks.

Here’s an idea to get you started, if you are so inclined.  Read this article 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice. 

We gotta start somewhere because the eggs are beautiful and all the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment