Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Grateful

As we prepare for another Thanksgiving holiday, it’s time to reflect on the goodness in our lives.  I actually try to do this every day, but during the Thanksgiving season I’m a little more diligent!

This is the only holiday that is truly an American holiday. Did you know, Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the National bird?  This all-American celebration has nothing to do with ethnicity, religion, beliefs or culture.  It is simply a time to give thanks to the large and seemingly insignificant blessings we all have.

So, here is a list of what I am grateful for.  It is not a complete list and it’s in no special order.  What's on your list?

  • The innocence of babies
  • Good health
  • Visits with my parents
  • The smell of fresh baked cookies
  • The wisdom of the elderly
  • A need for nothing (want, yes; need, no)
  • A safe place to call home
  • Phone calls from my children
  • Laughter
  • My husband
  • Chocolate
  • Kindness
  • Crossing Guards
  • Family and friends
  • Volunteers of all kinds
  • Four seasons
  • Goodwill


Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment