Friday, October 2, 2015

Old and New

I grew up in Madison.  A lot of my grade school and high school classmates still live in town.  Surprisingly, I don’t run into many of them, however I did run into an old friend a year or so ago.  He mentioned he and his wife (also a former school mate) were looking for a cabin on a lake up north.
 
We exchanged lots of e-mails, phone calls, text messages and spread sheets to research Wisconsin lakes and locations.  We narrowed the search.  Time for a road trip…or several!  What could be better than spending a day looking at lake houses with friends!  We actually took several road trips that summer.

We narrowed the search even further and came up with two final contenders, each unique in their own way.  After another visit, a clear winner emerged.  An offer was submitted and accepted.  The usual course of action continued; inspection, appraisal, financing, etc.

And the financing brought in another former class mate...this transaction was turning into a class reunion.  It was awesome to get reacquainted with old friends!  At the closing table, we learned the sellers, also from Madison, knew many of the same people the buyers knew.  It is a small world.

This fall, I have been helping another friend and former classmate find a cabin in the woods.  It has been wonderful spending time with her family, getting to know her children and taking long walks in the woods.  We haven’t found their paradise yet, but we will!


One of the most rewarding aspects of selling Real Estate is the relationships formed and the friends made, both old and new.  I love helping my old friends, but I’m always looking to make new ones, too!  Perhaps you know someone who is trying to find that perfect piece of paradise.  Or maybe sell the paradise they now call home.  Have them give me a call, 333-4406.  As always, I’m happy to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment