Friday, September 4, 2015

Good Day, Bad Day

A few days ago, this was my day:
Be at home between 8:00 a.m. and noon for the cable guy.
Cable guy shows up at 12:10 p.m.
Cable guy walks around, in the basement, back upstairs, back to the basement then outside.
Cable guy assesses the utility pole at the edge of the property.
Cable guy says there are too many branches near the utility pole, he can't get up there.
Options? Trim the branches.  It's a safety issue.  No cable today. Reschedule Cable guy.

Now it's 1:30 p.m.  School begins the next day.  I have ZERO school supplies.
Drive to the store for school supplies.  Spend $138.00 on notebooks, pens, folders, binders, highlighters and calculators. Still need more supplies, but running out of time.  Will buy more supplies another day.  Head to my car.  NO KEYS!!  Look in the car window, there they are!! Hurrah!  Keys locked in the car.  Call my son to bring me spare keys.

On to the grocery store, since I am out of everything.  It's now 4:00 p.m., the bewitching hour at the grocer's.  Everyone jockeying for space and gambling on which checker will get them out the fastest.  I choose poorly.

This is turning out to be a bad day.  I think to myself, it's the bad days that make us grateful for the good days.  Chin up, Kathy! And then something miraculous happens.  I receive a call from a client who just called to thank me.  They have moved into their house and are getting settled.  They love the new house.  They are happy as can be...which of course, makes me happy!

This wasn't such a bad day after all!  Sometimes a multitude of "bad" things can be erased with just one "good" thing!  What a concept!

Hope your "good" days outweigh your "bad" ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment