Thursday, January 15, 2015

Customer Service

Great customer service isn't what it used to be, so I was pleasantly surprised the other day when I found a note in my mailbox.  It read:

"Hi! My name is Mary and I am your new mail carrier.  I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that I am new to this route and I will do my best to provide excellent customer service.  If by chance you receive mail that does not belong to you please put it back in your mailbox and do not write directly on the mail as it needs to be forwarded on.  If there is something I need to know please leave me a note. I am happy to make changes when needed.  Have a great day and I look forward to seeing you when I'm out and about.  Sincerely, Mary"

Wow!  I was shocked and delighted!  We don't think much about the mail service or the carrier who delivers it.  We expect it. The mail arrives, we sort it, pitch it, file it, etc.  Here is a person who takes pride in her work. She cares about her customers, she wants to help, she wants to provide the best service she can.  Good for her, and lucky for those of us on her new route.

In my business (Real Estate), great customer service is what sets me apart from others.  It's what I pride myself on and what my clients expect and deserve.  Sadly, it's a philosophy that has been missing in this country in recent years.  I'm glad there are still people who see the value of making a difference through customer service.  Evidently Mary is one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment