Friday, February 7, 2014

Run Dog Run

Two dogs live across the street from me.  One lives next door and another lives in the house behind me.  I have a dog, my two sisters each have a Labrador and so does my brother.  Dog lovers abound in Madison.  As any dog-owner knows, dogs need to run and play.  So I was elated to learn that later this year the Madison Parks Department is opening a new off-leash dog park at Odana School Park on Segoe Rd. located behind the new HyVee.

This location is the former Odana School.  Many years ago there was a fire at the school and it closed.  In recent years, the building has been home to Epic and the adjoining land was converted to a city park with soccer fields and basketball courts.  This new dog park will be a welcome addition!

As with all Madison dog parks, there are rules.  All dogs must be licensed with the city and have a dog park permit.  Dogs are not allowed in children's play areas or athletic fields.

When your dog is driving you crazy for lack of exercise, check out the new park at Odana School Park.   I'll be there, probably with my sisters, brother and neighbors - and our four-legged friends, of course.  Run dog run!

No comments:

Post a Comment