Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Grateful



A few weeks ago, an envelope arrived in the mail from one of my clients.  We had closed on their new house a month earlier.  It was a thank you card.  Wow!  When you work with clients to buy or sell a house, you really get to know them.  We spend lots of time together in person as well as electronically.  By the time the closing arrives, we have developed a relationship and gotten to know each other well.  While I’m always happy that my clients have reached their goal, I’m always a little disappointed, too.  The weekly, and sometimes daily, communication slows down and in some cases stops all together.

So imagine my delight when the card arrived in the mail.  The card read “thank you so much for guiding us through the process of buying our first home.  It made such a difference to have a familiar and trustworthy partner in such a monumental step in our lives.  You were patient and accommodating and we thank you for that.”  Wow again! 
 
As we near Thanksgiving, the one day of the year set aside to reflect on the blessings in our lives, I am thankful for good health, a happy family and good friends.  I am reminded by that card that I am also deeply grateful for all of you, for reading this blog and reaching out when you read something of interest to you.  I am appreciative of your comments and suggestions.  But mostly, I am thankful to you for including me in your life, even if just for a short time. 
All the best for a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!  Gobble, gobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment