Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Unsung Heroes

On a recent rainy, cold spring day I buzzed through the drive thru for my daily cup of caffeine.  In front of me in line, was a friend of mine.  We waved at each other and through open car windows we exchanged pleasantries.

"Are you on your way to work?", I asked.

"No," she replied.  "I'm getting hot chocolate for the crossing guards."

"Wow, how nice!  What a great idea!"

We moved forward through the line and I watched as she drove to deliver her first steaming cup of hot chocolate to one of three crossing guards who would be the recipient of her kindness.

Kudos to this busy mother of three for taking time from her day to make the gloomy day a little brighter for the unsung heroes that are our crossing guards.  And double kudos to those brave souls who, rain or shine and wielding only a hand-held stop sign, keep our children safe as they navigate across busy intersections during the crazy morning and afternoon commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment