Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Phone Books...Really?


I was coming home the other day and passed a van and several young man walking door-to-door delivering telephone books.  Every year, it seems two or three different phone books are dropped  on my front stoop.

It used to be there was one phone book with hundreds of uses.  Need the number of a neighbor?  Look in the phone book.  Searching for an auto mechanic?  Check the yellow pages.  Need a birth certificate?  Check the government listings in the phone book.  Right now, I have FIVE phones books in my kitchen cabinet.  How many have I used?  ZERO!  A new and exciting thing called the Internet has made the phone book virtually obsolete…but they keep coming!!   Well, they don’t have to anymore.  I recently learned that you can get off the phone book list (click here to learn more).  You can always throw them in the recycling bin, too.

Which reminds me, did you know you can trade in your refuse containers for smaller or larger sizes?  Who knew?  I recently exchanged our recycling bin for a larger one.  Gotta love that!

I’m heading to the recycling bin with all my phone books now.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment