Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Monroe Street Shoe Repair a Delight

Nestled in the 2600 block of Monroe Street sits an unobtrusive shoe repair shop that is magic to your torn sandal strap or broken zipper.

For more than 30 years, proprietor Sally Kopecky has been repairing boots, luggage, coats and handbags.  Step inside her quaint little shop and the smell of leather wafts over you like a warm shawl.  Small (and large) shoe knick knacks are scattered around the shop and antique shoe advertisements hang on the walls.  Sally even uses an old cash register with the old fashioned "typewriter" buttons and the cha-ching that reminds me of my younger self.  No computer or cell phone needed here!  The Monroe Street Shoe Repair is the kind of place that makes you want to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life.

And the workmanship and customer service are superb!  Need some boots resoled?  I know the place to go.  How about a zipper replaced?  I know the place to go.  Broken purse strap?  I know the place to go.  Stop in to see Sally at the Monroe Street Shoe Repair.  You won't be sorry.  And it may provide a little respite from your hectic day!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I've been here! I've had 2 pairs of shoes I had serviced here. I would recommend this place it's amazing.
    double glazed windows

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can even try this at home yourself by having super adhesive glue like fevikwik which can help you to repair your shoes....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this post with us...its really very informative....Super Glue or Cyanoacrylate.

    ReplyDelete