Thursday, April 28, 2011

Real Estate is Personal

I belong to a neighborhood Bunco group.  It's a monthly, informal gathering of neighbor ladies and friends.  We rarely actually play Bunco, but it offers us a great opportunity to catch up on the happenings in our little corner of the world.

At a recent Bunco gathering, several members of the group began talking about real estate and homes for sale in the Sunset Village and Westmorland neighborhoods.  Had anyone seen this house?  What's the asking price for that house?  I heard so-and-so was moving.  You get the picture.

I started thinking about the conversation and it occured to me that real estate is personal.  Of course, I've always known this.  "A man's home is his castle," as they say.  For women, I think that's especially true.  But what was different about this conversation was the passion and liveliness of the discussion.  What started as a small conversation between two in the group, ended up with five or six of us participating.  It was infectious!

Like bees buzzing around a flower, we all wanted to know more, and more and more.  We wanted to know what's happening in our neighborhood.  We wanted to know who our neighbors are.  And we wanted to feel a "part" of something.

I left our neighborhood Bunco gathering that evening feeling a little happier for where I live and the friends I have.  And I learned that not only is real estate personal, it's contagious, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment